The Sandcastle Motel - Bed Bugs and Lying General Manager!

I checked into the motel on July 20th with my young daughter for one night only.We dropped off our luggage and headed to the beach.

We had a great day at the beach and made wonderful memories. After showering and cuddling into our beds my daughter noticed bugs crawling around her bed around 11:30p. I caught one in a ziplock and brought it down to the general manager. The GM admitted that we were given a room that they knew had bed bugs, but was sprayed that same morning and cleared.

We reported to GM and asked to be moved to another hotel. We were told by the GM, Spencer, that we would be given another room next door, and that we would receive our $232 fee back, but would have to wait 72 hours since we inadvertently booked through Expedia, who booked through another party, who booked through an additional party. I did check reviews for this hotel on Trip Advisor, but if you don't do a search under "bed bugs," nothing other than "dated hotel" comes up. I checked Trip Advisor again using search "bed bugs" and sure enough 2 other May and summer 2015 incidents came up.

They both reported they received their money back and were moved to other motels as well. The Sandcastle asked Expedia to return my $ since I didn't stay with them, but they refused to. I'm not sure why Spencer isn't pursuing returning my $ and then fighting with Expedia directly. Sandcastle contracted with Expedia and should be able to get my $ back since I didn't stay there.

Spencer gave me his word he'd return my $ AND promised to take my calls once I left. He has broken his word and hasn't returned my calls at all! So, now I'm letting everyone know about his bed bug infestation.

Don't do business with an establishment that doesn't care to upkeep, renovate, not rid themselves of bed bugs; nor allow their GM to lie to their customers.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Bed bugs
    • Breaking promise to refund
    • Being lied to by gm

Reason of review:
Didn't get refund for room with bed bugs, as promised and given to other bed bugged customers.
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Review category
Hotels and Resorts
review #894358 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with The Sandcastle Motel? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to The Sandcastle Motel. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about The Sandcastle Motel.
Filing a new complaint about