1.1

I checked into the motel on July 20th with my young daughter for one night only.We dropped off our luggage and headed to the beach.

We had a great day at the beach and made wonderful memories. After showering and cuddling into our beds my daughter noticed bugs crawling around her bed around 11:30p. I caught one in a ziplock and brought it down to the general manager. The GM admitted that we were given a room that they knew had bed bugs, but was sprayed that same morning and cleared.

We reported to GM and asked to be moved to another hotel. We were told by the GM, Spencer, that we would be given another room next door, and that we would receive our $232 fee back, but would have to wait 72 hours since we inadvertently booked through Expedia, who booked through another party, who booked through an additional party. I did check reviews for this hotel on Trip Advisor, but if you don't do a search under "bed bugs," nothing other than "dated hotel" comes up. I checked Trip Advisor again using search "bed bugs" and sure enough 2 other May and summer 2015 incidents came up.

They both reported they received their money back and were moved to other motels as well. The Sandcastle asked Expedia to return my $ since I didn't stay with them, but they refused to. I'm not sure why Spencer isn't pursuing returning my $ and then fighting with Expedia directly. Sandcastle contracted with Expedia and should be able to get my $ back since I didn't stay there.

Spencer gave me his word he'd return my $ AND promised to take my calls once I left. He has broken his word and hasn't returned my calls at all! So, now I'm letting everyone know about his bed bug infestation.

Don't do business with an establishment that doesn't care to upkeep, renovate, not rid themselves of bed bugs; nor allow their GM to lie to their customers.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. iookclub stated that there is a room for improvement of bed bugs and breaking promise to refund. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "didn't get refund for room with bed bugs, as promised and given to other bed bugged customers." of the sandcastle motel sanitary conditions and associated monetary loss in the amount of $232. The Sandcastle Motel needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned the sandcastle motel sanitary conditions in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at The Sandcastle Motel. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Holiday Inn Express Hotels.

Had an Experience with The Sandcastle Motel?

Comments